Jaime and Brad were supposed to head up to Laramie, WY (where Kylan and Irene now live as Kylan will be attending college up there) on Friday, the day before the wedding - but the other pharmacist had a very sick boy and couldn't work for a couple of days so Jaime had to stay and fill in - which meant they weren't leaving till Sunday morning!! And that meant I could ride up with them to see where the kids were staying and see the college!
Our first stop though was Denver - I was desperately in need of an adjustment from Jessi! And she offered BLT's with tomatos from Iowa!!! Now who can pass that up??????
Now I realize that the bacon is covering the tomato BUT that's OK - I took the picture so I wouldn't forget to write about the BLT!! They were AMAZING!!
Evan had just returned from Tanzania the week before and look what he brought me - a hand painted coffee mug with NANA on it - SO special!! This cup will definitely need to be hand washed!!
A group shot before we left - and yes, Kenzie is standing on her tip toes to make sure I look extra short - HA!!!!
The drive to Laramie was pleasant - it's amazing how little traffic there is once you get out of Ft. Collins! The sky was beautiful that day and I took this picture to remind everyone that the wind doesn't always blow in Wyoming!
The kids' place is cute as can be with plenty of room! Irene fixed a delicious dinner for us and then we went to take a tour of the college - it is such a nice campus! Here's the building where Kylan will have most of his classes!
Just a cute place for a picture of the two of them!
There were bunches of these beautiful flowers - so well maintained!
I'm sure this picture will be even more beautiful in a few weeks when fall arrives and these aspens turn gold!
Irene's first day of work was on Monday - she is a pharmacy tech and was transferred to the Safeway in Laramie from Jaime's place of work in Woodland Park!
Oops - this picture should have been above - I took everyone out for blizzards after the college campus tour!
Monday morning we went to the courthouse so Kylan could get Wyoming plates for the vehicles and we ran a couple of errands before eating pizza for lunch! And then it was time to head back home through all the crazy Denver and Co. Springs traffic during rush hour - YIKES!
But a fun trip and I know Kylan will enjoy going to college there!
1 comment:
Great pictures of everyone on campus!
Post a Comment