I did take a picture of the two kids BEFORE Aleah left on Saturday night as she was spending the night with friends!
Sunday morning came EARLY!! I was originally planning on following Jill and Parker with my car as the meet was on my way home BUT when I found out the time she was leaving, I decided not to - I just don't drive in the dark anymore and I knew their entire journey south at that time of the morning would be in total darkness! SO I left at 7:00am when there was plenty of light!
I stopped at Ziggys to get a coffee to go - it was delicious BUT the lid didn't fit at all and there was no time to get back in line to get another one - so everytime I picked it up, the lid would pop off - what a mess!!! As soon as I drank it down a little bit, then I could just take the lid off and not worry about it!
Traffic of course but I made it just fine to the high school that was sponsoring it! I even got in free because of my age!!
It was a VERY nice school - and once it got started, the matches go fast! Parker lost his first match!
But then he did great on the next match and won by points! He's had some knee issues and shoulder issues this last year so hopefully no injuries this next season!
It was fun to watch him wrestle - in between times, Jill and I would walk around the school and then ate a packed lunch before I headed out! It was a wonderful but BUSY weekend at the Savages!
I drove on down to Colorado Springs and parked at Amy's place - she just lives a block from the Fine Arts Center and we walked over to see the play "Come From Away"!
The musical was EXCELLENT!!! Probably one of my favorite that I've ever seen!! And of course it was quite emotional also as the musical was about the planes that were flying from Europe during 9/11 that had to be rerouted to Canada. Well written and well executed!! I would see it again in a heartbeat!
So all in all a great but packed 3 days!! But it always feels good to get home...........
No comments:
Post a Comment