Monday, August 19, 2013

Double Time Up North

We were Denver AND Ft. Collins bound this last weekend!!  My friend asks me all the time if we EVER stay home and I always answer the same thing - NO!!
 
Friday night we spent the night with Jessi and Gary - it was fun to talk to Evan about being in the 1st grade and he seems to love it!!  Jessi and I talked the night away and again at coffee early the next morning - she had to work and we were heading out anyway - I'm really liking the new coffee place and now it seems like "our coffee place"!!
 
Glenn and I headed to the Denver Museum of Nature and History - I had bought Groupons for the museum, IMAX and planetarium a while back and realized they were going to expire soon so that 's part of the reason the weekend was planned!!
 
Glenn hadn't been there in many years - I had taken grand kids a year or so ago - but it was fun to have just the 2 of us as you certainly see different things when it's just adults instead of with kids!!
 
One of Glenn's favorite sections (and mine too) is the wildlife!!
That's what Glenn intends to get in a few weeks when he goes hunting.......we shall see.............

And there was a small section on mushrooms and sure enough, they had the ones that we saw ATVing the weekend before - now at least I know their name AND that they're poisonous!!

Also in the rocks and gems department, I actually READ some of the signs and many rocks and gems were actually from our area - Crystal Peak here in Florissant and several from Lake George!! 

We saw an Ice Age documentary in the IMAX portion and it was very good - but both Glenn and I were a little lost with the planetarium documentary - just too deep I guess!!  We're not space people!

After lunch at the museum, we walked around for another hour or so and then headed up to Jill and Robby's for the remainder of the weekend!!

The kids were excited to show us their new playset - it's cute as can be and they love playing on it!!


Jill and I ran to her book store as I had brought up 4 bags of used books!!  We looked around for quite a while and of course I found plenty to buy!!!  But boy was I disappointed when they told me they were only buying back 7 of my books!!!  ARE YOU KIDDING????  I must have brought it 50 or so!!  Oh well...........

We had a yummy dinner early evening - and an even more amazing dessert later on!!  It was made with fresh blueberries and I'm eating a piece as I'm writing this as she sent some home with us!!

As in any household, bedtime is always a fiasco!!  I wanted a picture of Parker in his cute pj's with a cape but he wouldn't cooperate!!!

Until................how sweet is that!!!

Both kids had new beds - Parker had Aleah's old toddler bed and she had a new white one!!  And her room was decorated with new things too and it's just darling!!

After the kiddos were in bed, Jill and I worked on our family photos!  What a job deciding which picture is best and what background - but we made progress -  now to get a 4 way phone call going between the 4 of us so we can get them ordered!!

And before we knew it, it was time for bed.............To be cont'd.........

3 comments:

Teri said...

You are just soooo busy! But what fun to get to see your grandchildren so often.

Anonymous said...

Glad u found out about the mushrooms!

Anonymous said...

Glad u found out about the mushrooms!