Monday, September 23, 2019

Walden Hunting

No elk today - the elk have gone away!!  That was Glenn's daily saying as he would come back from hunting!!

We headed up to Walden with the 5th wheel and the Razor for Glenn's hunting a week ago - it's a really pretty drive up there and always a bonus is stopping in Fairplay to get coffee at Java Moose!!

There are actually only 2 places that our 5th wheel will fit in on the road where Glenn likes to camp - I REALLY didn't enjoy the one spot last year so we went to the other spot this year.  It seemed a lot better to me and we were lucky we got it because about 1/2 hour after we pulled in, another hunter with a large camper went by!!

The ground is really uneven there so it took a while to get the 5th wheel level but we finally succeeded and set up!!  Glenn headed right out to set up his tree stand and since my books were calling me, I started reading!!

We were right next to a solar powered water system that was set up for close by cattle tanks!  Kind of interesting to listen to the spring water filling most of the day and at least we had PLENTY of water for showers!!


We were at camp for 7 days - Glenn would hunt each day and one day we went for a short ride in the Razor as I was getting cabin fever!!!  It was very surprising that none of the leaves have changed up that way yet - it's going to be a late fall!

But the views up there are beautiful!


We went into Walden one day to eat lunch - felt good to get out of my sweat pants and old sweatshirt and put on something decent to go to town!!  Ha Ha!!  The highlight of each day was drinking my coffee outside in the sun!

How many books did I read in that time period?  7  one a day!!  Since Glenn was home around noon to eat lunch and relax, we usually watched a dvd movie - powered by the generator!  So I worked on my swedish weaving during that time as I certainly needed a break from reading!

All in all, an OK time in Walden - it's not one of my favorite trips as there's not much for me to do and I'm alone a lot of the time, but I don't like to have Glenn up there alone!  Even though he didn't see an elk, he's very excited about his next hunting trip with Bob which will be in Oct.!!  Thank you Bob for joining Glenn then so I don't have to!!!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Wow, a book a day!

Teri said...

Cannot believe how much you get to read - how nice!!