Monday, October 18, 2021

Day 2 of Fall Trip #2

 We both slept pretty good in that king sized bed at the hotel!  Of course we're early people and since breakfast wasn't going to be served until 8:30, we had plenty of time to get packed up and relax!  Glenn headed down to get coffee (which you could get early) while I packed up and took stuff to the car!

At 8:30 we headed into the dining area for breakfast - fresh fruit with homemade donuts and their holes were served and that was delicious!!  But the main course was a little strange!!  It probably SOUNDS delicious to anybody else but when it was brought out and I saw 2 sunny side eggs on the top of what looked like a fat pancake, I had my doubts since I am a hard egg person!

There was pesto across the top to give it some color and I dug in, trying to get those raw looking eggs mixed in with whatever was underneath!  I decided it was some type of a pancake with some type of potato inside!!  If the eggs would have been harder or scrambled, I would really have enjoyed it.  Oh well, I ate almost the entire thing!

One thing the hotel had which I thought was SO GREAT was an actual HUGE refrigerator in the dining room that was for the guests!  We always carry food along so that frig really worked out great!

I had scouted out a couple of coffee places so we had a nice walk to get to the first one - I ordered my usual mocha with a shot of caramel, skim milk but with whipped cream.  The gal was so nice when she said she was sorry but they did not have any flavors but she could just do the mocha.  OK.  But then she said they had no skim milk (just whole which sometimes upsets my stomach) and no whip cream!  HMMMM..... I thanked her but said I would go elsewhere!

The next place I gave the guy my order and he DID have the caramel - but again no skim milk and no whipped cream (what is it about Paonia that they don't have whipped cream - ha!).    I thought I better just cut my losses and go with the caramel mocha he was willing to make!

We saw a lot of countryside on our drive - and soon drove to Marble (which is where the Crystal Mill is) and McClure Pass which is beautiful!!  Glenn checked out a couple of campgrounds for hunting in that area and the drive was gorgeous!




Next we headed to Kebler Pass - one of the best places in Colorado to see the leaves - I love that there was snow on the mountain!






We decided to take Cottonwood Pass home which comes out in Buena Vista eventually!  There was a large herd of goats on the highway and this guy passed right by my window as we were almost at a stop!

We always watch for moose on this pass - and Glenn is ALWAYS the one to spot one!!  Sure enough, he spotted a cow moose and her little one!  It was at a distance so the picture didn't really turn out but it was sure fun to see one!

Another trip in the memory book!

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Such stunning pictures! Darn that the coffee wasn't exactly what you wanted though!

Jill said...

Love, love, love the orange and red's!