Monday, January 27, 2014

Come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are!

I'm sure that's what Glenn was saying to the fish this last weekend as we traveled to Crawford, CO so he could ice fish!!  Where the heck is Crawford?  4 1/2 hours away but a drive through some of the prettiest country!!  You head to Buena Vista and then go over Monarch Pass - go through Gunnison and then travel through the switchbacks of Black Canyon and finally to Crawford - a tiny, tiny town but luckily has this great little place to stay and a restaurant that was open!!

Because Blogger and the computer at work are not seeing eye to eye, all my pictures are attached to each other on the place where I write so unfortunately, I can't write between them so you'll just have to read and look at all of them at once!!

Glenn found the Stone House Inn online (shocker - I usually do the research!!) and it's truly a gem - an old historic building that has been converted into 2 rooms and a suite - we booked the suite so we could have the kitchen which was a good thing - the restaurant didn't open till 8:00am and Glenn was out fishing by 6:30am each morning!!

He had a great time - the weather was perfect - but no fish to bring home.................doesn't seem to bother him though - he fished for almost 11 hours that first day and I'm sure loved every minute of it!!

Our room was around the back of the inn and overlooked a stream that was still running!!  The wall behind the bed was all stone and really cool looking!!  And the massive bookcase had lots of books to read (but of course I had brought mine!!) and a great selection of DVD's to choose from!!  I even left the computer at home and there was no cell phone service either so it was truly a weekend away from the electronics!!

And what did I do?????  Ah, I read and read and read - I watched movie after movie and did some Swedish Weaving - and I just enjoyed the days!!  Cooked myself breakfast each morning and sat at their cute little table, took a leisurely bath in their huge tub, ate a LOT of snacks and then it was out for dinner with Glenn each evening.

It was a great weekend - the drive over was so pretty and I snapped a picture on the way home of the rugged territory we were driving by!!  And I sure hope we do another weekend away soon!!









1 comment:

Teri said...

Looks like so much fun! What a beautiful place.