Monday, January 13, 2014

Kansas Bound

What did I do last weekend?  I went to Kansas!! 
 
Joleen's daughter Becca lives in Kansas and her and her husband just purchased the business he's been working at for years - Joleen knows how organized I am and that I pretty much know how to run an office so she suggested to Becca that we both come out so I could help her set up!!  And that's just what we did!!
 
Our road trip started Thursday afternoon about 1:30pm - we both raced through our work chores and then headed out with her dog, Kino - he is a good rider at least!!  Did I mention it's a long, long ways to Kansas - to the tune of 7 1/2 hours?????  But I brought music and we talked and talked the time away!!  And of course we lost an hour when we crossed that Ks. border!!
 
The weather was great to drive in and we pulled in about 9:30 that night, Ks. time - it wasn't long before we all hit the sack!!
 
Becca and I worked for 2 days setting up the office - making a few trips to the office supply store AND drinking great coffee both days along with cinnamon rolls!!  I loved touring their new place and helping her set up the office as much as I could!!
 
After stopping at the store and purchasing a few items, I made some hot drinks!!  My sister Patty had posted a recipe online for an apple cider drink (and I LOVE apple cider) so I was anxious to try it - it was delicious - it was superb - we couldn't get enough of it!!!  And it looks pretty!!
 
We also got a little shopping in, a lunch with Joleen, a chick flick one night and lots of great food to eat!!

Of course my camera stayed in my bag all the time but I did snap this cute picture of 2 of Becca's kids on my phone.

All in all, one great time in Ks. - except for the ride home again!!  I wish I could have just wrinkled my nose and been home - it was a long drive again with some might fierce winds but we made it back to CO. by mid-afternoon on Sunday!!  How Joleen does this drive every 6 weeks is beyond me!!  But I guess if my grand kids were there, I'd be making it too!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

What a nice gift to share! Want to come help me unpack this weekend after we move???

DrKeppy said...

You are so amazing! :)