Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A Trip Up North

I can only stay away so long from the grand kids and then it's time to take a trip!!  Glenn had decided he wanted to go fishing in Pueblo over the weekend so I took the opportunity to head up to Jill's!  It was nice leaving on Friday around 1:00 to avoid the worst of the traffic and I even beat Jill home from work!! 

It was beautiful outside and the kids were excited to be out without coats - I of course was dressed for winter and by the time we came in, I was sweating!!

Jill fixed an excellent seafood lasagna for dinner that night and after baths and getting the kids to bed, I helped her put together 10 frozen crockpot meals!!  I decided it's a lot more fun to make these with another person - along with some dance music and wine coolers!!

Saturday was kind of a lazy day - we took the kids out for ice cream (late Valentine's Day present) and I actually took a picture on my phone but it turned out kind of lousy so I didn't post it - it was cool and windy out so no outside play that day!!  And then Jill and I went back out to run a couple of errands while Robby was home to watch the kids!

I think the remainder of the day was spent playing "Princesses" with Aleah -  you know, the game where there is a little castle and each of us has a princess in our hand and we make up what is happening???  And we have to talk back and forth to each other and bounce the little princesses around and use OUR IMAGINATION!!!  Jill kept reminding me it's an excellent way to expand the mind and I kept reminding myself it was MUCH better than watching her play games on the electronics!!!  Seriously, I didn't mind it at all, and I hope that she will remember in the future that I took the time to play and play and play..............

Jill and I went to the A Capella Choir Concert from Concordia University that evening at her church - it was a great concert and as I read the bulletin of all the places the choir has toured over the years, it brought back memories of the choir tour I did in Europe during college.  So Jill patiently listened to my "Europe" stories during pie and coffee after the concert!!

Here are some cute pictures of the kids riding their bikes outside!


Sunday arrived way too fast - I bribed Jill to run out and get coffee and bagels for us while I played Princesses with Aleah - yummy coffee and even better bagels and cream cheese!!

After an early lunch, I headed out to Denver for an afternoon with the rest of the bunch!!  What a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Teri said...

You are so lucky to get to go visit whenever the mood strikes! Enjoy enjoy enjoy!