Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Excellent Adventure Continues.........

Friday was the day the girls had been waiting on for a long, long time - Dinosaur Museum Day!!

I forgot how much longer it takes to get little girls ready - I wanted to do cute little braids in their hair but they didn't want them at all!  Just straight they both said - ok - I can deal with that as long as it's not hanging around their face when they eat!

Our first stop was coffee for me and smoothies for them - smoothies were on their list so I decided morning ones would be great so I could get some coffee time in - the place was packed so we had to sit outside and it was cool in the shade!


 And then we were off to the Dinosaur Museum!!  Since I thought it was going to rain, we decided to take our outside pictures first!!


 The museum is actually more for older kids and adults but they still enjoyed seeing the bones and asking a few questions!!

 Their favorite part was the kids play area!  There are several activities the kids can do and we spent most of our time in this area!  Aleah even picked out a book for me to read!


 When we were almost done, one of the workers told us he was going to do a presentation so we joined the rest of the kids and it was very interesting.  He passed around all types of bones which the kids got a kick out of - here they're holding a skull!

 After buying a souvenir for each of them, we headed to Burger King - there were no other kids in the play area so that made it nice!

 The sun was finally out when we got home which meant one thing - HOT TUB TIME!!  They had waited very patiently for that rain to stop!

 I'm not sure what Kenzie was telling me in this picture so I'll leave that to your imagination!

 After the hot tub, it was back to the play dough - this time to make doll beds!


Friday night Papa made popcorn for all of us and after watching a Christmas movie (yes, a Christmas movie because that's what they wanted!!!) they headed to bed.  After all, we still had another day!

2 comments:

Jill said...

I can tell the hot tub was a hit! The museum looks great, maybe one day I'll make it their!

Teri said...

You are one great grandma!