Sunday, August 10, 2014

Breaking Ground!

Glenn is in his element - digging in the dirt!  He borrowed a large backhoe from our friend Dick and not only has started on the driveway but also on the house.  Of course first he had to cut many many trees...........that's always hard to do as we love our trees but he did try to transplant a few of them so we'll see if that works!

When Evan was here last weekend, he helped Papa and loved riding in the backhoe!


 It's hard to imagine a house sitting in this spot someday but the reality is -it will happen!! I just noticed that on the left hand side of this picture, I caught a rainbow!

 We have a huge brush pile and a lot of green wood for the wood stove - but it sure won't be ready to burn this year!!


Monday we have a guy coming to blast rock in our driveway - guess I better get my ear plugs ready!

5 comments:

Teri said...

How exciting and I will get to see the progress in a month!

DrKeppy said...

So exciting! How cool that you caught a rainbow!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I Like your blog check out mine
http://vintagequeen1.blogspot.com/