Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Still Celebrating!

I was supposed to take Parker to see the movie "Paddington" on Saturday morning - he seemed pretty excited to go until we got in the car and started driving - total silence - even when I would ask him a question!!

 By the time we got to the movie, he was crying and wanted to go home - I called Jill and she talked to him but it didn't help - now the last thing I wanted to do was to drag a crying child into a movie so we just went back home and I promised him I would watch a show with him on TV and bring him a smoothie later on - and he was perfectly happy with that!!

So Jill and I left a little earlier than planned and had lunch at The Chocolate Cafe - a really cute place in downtown Ft. Collins - they specialize in chocolate of course but have a nice lunch menu too.  The desserts were great!!!  This is Jill's - chocolate molten lava cake with ice cream!!

 And this is mine - chocolate ravioli with butter pecan ice cream - very good!!

 And then Jill and I were off to a movie - this is what we found when we got home - Robby and Parker working diligently on the airplane!!  Parker couldn't wait to paint it and the time had finally come!!

 I had a nice evening again with the family and Sunday morning I headed to Denver to spend a few hours with the Keppys.  Gary offered to go out and get us coffee (yum yum) and then Evan opened his gifts.

 Since I didn't see the movie with Parker, I took Evan to see it!!  It was a great movie and I'm glad that Parker didn't see it as I think it was a little too old for him anyway - Evan and I enjoyed popcorn and orange juice at the movie!!

And then it was back home so he could have his cupcake before I headed home!!

 After I got home, Jill texted me a picture of the final airplane product - cute as can be!!

Now I've had my grand child "fix" and will look forward to our next get together which will be Easter!!

1 comment:

Teri said...

What a fun time! I just got back from my grandchild fix but my next one isn't until August! How will I make it :(