Sunday, January 17, 2016

Setbacks Are A Reality Too

Just when things were going well..................Glenn had his trench inspection on Friday morning and unfortunately, it didn't pass.  While he thought the trench was to be 18" deep, it was actually supposed to be 24" deep - any other time of year this wouldn't be a problem but in the midst of our coldest month of the year, it IS a problem!!

You can't rent a trencher this time of year so the only other option is to try a jackhammer and do it by hand - guess we'll find out tomorrow as I picked up the jackhammer today!!

So of course this will take extra time - guess I better get my patience hat back on!!

On the bright side, Glenn has worked hard on the lower level bathroom and is making progress!  I think grouting is next on the list!!



I actually washed a few windows today - the outsides are a whole lot dirtier than the inside but it was just too cold and windy to do that!  Maybe tomorrow!!

Keeping my fingers crossed that the extra digging on the trench goes well!!

1 comment:

Teri said...

Good luck - what a pain! Love the bath tile!