Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Gut Feelings Need To Be Followed Up On.....................

The Monday after the inspection I had that "feeling" that I should go down to the old house - I didn't - I knew that Rhonda, the buyers' wife, was bringing another trailer load on Wednesday and Glenn was going to back the trailer in for her.

So I didn't go down for any reason...............and neither did Glenn.  Rhonda called us when she got to Woodland Park so we headed down to the house and walked in and found NOT GOOD NEWS!!

The wood floor over by the bathroom was buckled - and we knew we had a water leak somewhere...............  I ran up, he ran down and found water dripping out of the ceiling in his office - of course the room that I hadn't moved yet so it was pretty full of his stuff!

I went to the guest bedroom and opened the closet door to get a fan out and everything spilled out - the shelf and clothes pole had fallen down as the water had come down that wall and then went into the office - what a mess..............

The buyer arrived and we showed her the wood floor and said there was a leak somewhere but she wasn't concerned - she knew we would take care of it!!  And Glenn soon found the leak - it was coming from a  loose fitting in the jetted tub on the upper level.  Because I never used the jets on the tub, we think that when the inspector turned the jets on, it loosened the fitting and started leaking - bummer!

But the carpets are all dried out - the closet is fixed - and Glenn is working on the wood floor and then will take care of the ceiling in the office.  We're getting close to closing so time is of the essence!

1 comment:

Teri said...

So glad you were able to get it all fixed - not much fun but it is almost over!