Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Our Final Day

My time at Lake Havasu was coming to an end - we all slept in and then headed down to the beach to take in some sun!  It was about that time that my cell phone refused to work - it kept popping up that I needed a new SIM card and even after turning it off and on, it still wouldn't work!  So after our beach time, we would have to head to Verizon!

 The lake area was gorgeous that morning and we parked ourselves under a shade tree, enjoyed some great coffee and just relaxed in the moment.................


 Because it was spring break, it was unusually busy with "spring breakers".  The boats were loud and showy, the bikinis were tiny and the beer was flowing like crazy!!  Before we left, Karen and I took a walk down towards the docks to see all the boats lined up!  WOW - it was pretty wild there and I couldn't believe all the fancy boats - must have some rich parents!!


We were content to see it all and then leave!!!  After lunch, Marilyn and I headed back downtown to see if I could get my phone fixed and it was easy - the Verizon guy just installed a new SIM card and I was all set to go!

Jeff grilled fish for dinner that night and we watched the sunset once again!  After watching "Everest", we said our goodbyes and headed to bed!  Marilyn and I were up by 5:00 to hit the road back to Vegas!!

It was fun seeing the scenery on the way back since it was dark when we came - and we arrived in plenty of time!  Unfortunately the sign was wrong so Marilyn dropped me off at the wrong terminal - I went in and looked and looked for United and finally figured out what was wrong - but trying to find the bus to get to the other terminal was a nightmare and then the bus took FOREVER to come!

Luckily I was TSA approved but in the rush to get there, I forgot to dump out my water so security walked me all the way back out and I had to go through again.................the morning was not going well!!!

But I finally made it all through with a few minutes to spare so I ran to Starbucks (my LEAST favorite coffee place) and ordered my usual special coffee, looking forward to a few minutes of relaxation before I boarded the plane and the coffee was horrible - so bad that I dumped the entire thing after one drink................when will I learn I DESPISE Starbucks coffee!!!!!

The flight was good - my luggage made it - and the drive home was just fine!!  It was a great few days with special friends!!

No comments: