Monday, April 11, 2016

And Life Moves On...............

IT HAPPENED!!  IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!  After all the disappointment of our original buyer not getting his money and having to re-list the old house, it has ALL come to an end!!

Monday, April 4th we officially closed on our old home - and what a great feeling that was!  The closer asked me if she should just wire the funds to our bank or did I want a check - believe me, I wanted the check in hand!!  Yes, it did go right to the bank but for a few minutes, I felt pretty special holding that check!

Our construction loan is now paid off and the small second we had on our old home is paid off - can we really be completely debt free?????   SURE - until Glenn starts building the shop!!

I do have to say it's a strange feeling to drive right by our old home now and know that it isn't ours any longer!  But it sure went to a great couple - they were so excited to move in and I know soon I'll be knocking on their door just to see how it looks with new owners in it!

Good-bye 876 Obsidian Dr!!  You were our dream home for 7 years but 63 Brittany Dr has now taken your place!

3 comments:

Teri said...

So happy for you! It was quite the experience!

DrKeppy said...

Yay yay yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jill said...

Hooray! What a great feeling!