Thursday, March 30, 2017

Spring vs. Snow

We really do need moisture!!  With the 6" we got last week, we were really hoping for more pictures like this!!

 So I was super excited when we were in a warning a couple days ago with expectations from the weatherman of up to a foot!!!  What actually fell was 1/2 inch!!  SO I won't put a lot of stock into tomorrows' forecast which is 8 to 14"!! 

Monday I worked at the Little Chapel Food Pantry - it's a church based organization which hands out boxes of food twice a month to the needy!  Glenn and I both worked a couple of weeks ago but he was busy this time so I just went!  The last time I boxed up dozens and dozens of eggs - but this time there were no eggs or dairy to give out but there was extra produce!  Usually around 300 boxes are given out during the afternoon - it's all very organized and there are a lot of volunteers to help out!

If there is extra produce that won't keep till the next give away, the volunteers are urged to take some home!  EVERYONE was amazed at the size of these carrots from Mexico!!  I just had to bring some home to show Glenn - and yes, that is a regular sized carrot beside the large ones!!


Today I had my eye exam and I'm getting new frames - I can't wait since the pair I have now I've not been happy with!!  So watch for a "new" look soon!!
 
Funny story - Gary, Jessi and the kids are in Iowa and today they were at Gale and Kris's house - Patty and Leonard went down to visit them and Gwyn thought that Patty was ME!!!  So Patty got all my usual hugs and of course loved every minute of that - Gwyn even called her Nana!!

Our Keurig machine has been acting up and I told Glenn that I would try to clean it once more by running vinegar through it but if that didn't help, it was time to order a new one!  This old one was given to us by friends of ours - he had brought it home from his office since they had upgraded to something else and our friends already had one so they gave it to us!!  I didn't think I would ever use one - right - I use it practically every day and I Love it!!  The cleaning didn't do much good so Amazon is shipping us a new one - and it's even red to match the regular coffee pot!! 


2 comments:

Jill said...

Beautiful snow picture and those carrots are just crazy big!

Teri said...

Love the pics - what a great place to volunteer. We are also Keurig users - we have one at my office, one at condo, and one at house!