Monday, February 12, 2018

Do We EVER Stay Home?

The answer to that question is NO!!  I'm feeling a little stressed about not being home as I leave for a 5 day trip to Dallas on Wednesday so heading up to Denver again tomorrow to spend the night for my early flight - and when I get back we are just 6 days away from leaving for Mexico.  The list of things to do BEFORE Mexico seems endless - and I know it will all get done but you know me, I'd rather have it done sooner rather than later!!

But back to the weekend - after spending Thursday at the Hot Springs, we left early Friday to head to Denver - Glenn wanted to ice fish for 3 days and we also had a basketball game of Evan's to watch!

Glenn dropped me off at the house while he headed out to fish - and since Jessi was running a little behind on cleaning, I got her house spruced up in no time and then enjoyed playing with Gwyn when Gary brought her home....................late afternoon a friend of theirs from Grand Junction came in for the night along with 2 kids - we had a houseful!!

Sat. Glenn fished again (and yes, he did catch a LOT of perch!!), Jessi worked and I hung out at the house with the kids!!  I gave the kids their Valentine's Day cards so we could enjoy their gift of ice cream after Evan's game!!

 In the meantime, it started snowing - beautiful snow - and the girls went out to play for just a few minutes because it was pretty cold out!!


It was fun to see Evan play - he's sure improved from last year and does an awesome job at defense! They even won their game!!


Then it was off to Coldstone for ice cream - Jessi always talks about that place being their favorite place for ice cream and yet I had never been there before!!  Well guess what - it's now MY favorite place too!!  YUMMY!!!!


After an easy dinner of Papa Murphy's pizza, Evan opened his birthday gift - his birthday is on the 18th so needed to celebrate a little early!!


We enjoyed watching more of the Olympics Saturday night!!  Sunday Glenn fished once again and Gary had to work but Jessi and I DID DO COFFEE!!!  That doesn't seem to happen near as much as it should when we're up there!!!  But we had an enjoyable chat over some delicious coffee!!

And when Glenn got back in about noon, it was time to pack up and head back to the mountains so start tackling those lists before time gets away from us!! 

1 comment:

Teri said...

I don't know how you do it all - but what fun!