Saturday, February 3, 2018

Fish or No Fish - That is the Question!!

I couldn't wait to see all the fish that I just knew Glenn was going to bring home on Wed. nite - but there wasn't one fish brought back with him................kind of disappointing I would think!

We headed to The Blind Goose in the next town for dinner that evening - it was a typical midwestern place - very large - restaurant and bar - dance floor - and only one guy at the bar when we walked in!  They had a very extensive menu but when "hot beef sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy" looked up at me from the menu, my mind was made up!  Dinner was great and the older couple who owned it and were running it were a pleasure to visit with!

It was cold and breezy on Thursday morning - Glenn left early again and not long after he left, the smoke alarm started chirping - that has to be one of the most annoying sounds ever!  I walked to the office and told Maggie about it and she got a new battery and fixed it! 

More of the same for me that day - reading, watching a movie, going out to get the great coffee again and making a 2017 photo book on Snapfish!  I wish I could say that I took a picture of all the fish Glenn brought home that day but I can't - it was a total bust again!!  I think he's done with Nebraska!

Since it was Mexican night at The Blind Goose on Thursday night, we headed over there again for dinner - good food once again!

About the time I went to bed that night at 10:30, the smoke alarm started chirping again - REALLY?  I listened to it for about 10 minutes and knew it wasn't going to stop so drug the chair over and made Glenn get up and take the battery out - it still chirped - so he ended up disconnecting the entire alarm as I wasn't about to go wake up the manager at that time of night!  (the next morning he put it back together right before we were ready to leave and of course I told the gal what was going on when we checked out!!)

Friday morning it was pack up time and breakfast at the little cafe that is open Monday - Friday.  Then it was off to the coffee place for coffee to go and we headed to Ft. Collins for the next 3 days!

Perhaps Ft. Collins will have fish????

2 comments:

Teri said...

Too bad about the fish but sounds like a fun time in the motel!

Jill said...

Bummer on the fish! To bad Fort Collins wasn't any better!