Monday, September 13, 2021

Cross That Item Off My Bucket List

 I've always wanted to try paddle boarding!  Granted, I don't love the water and I don't like being cold and I have a deathly fear of drowning (even though I know how to swim) but paddle boarding always looked so peaceful and easy that I KNEW I wanted to at least try it once in my lifetime!  SO I DID!

I had suggested to Jessi that I would like to try it at Aurora Reservoir, knowing it's a peaceful lake and usually pretty calm.  Jessi and Gary had actually purchased paddle boards this summer so it was a perfect setup!

Glenn was out fishing and Gary headed out to the reservoir a little later.  About 2:00 he texted Jessi and said he was done fishing and had the paddle boards unloaded so to come on out!  And even though it was Saturday of Labor Day Weekend, it wasn't super crowded!!  So Jessi, Gwyn and I headed out there and I swallowed my fear of falling off (I mean really, you only fall into the water - what's there to be scared of?) and crawled on the board!

Yes, by the time I was ready to stand up, my legs felt like jelly but I DID IT!


Jessi actually took a great video of me but of course it won't download.....

We found Glenn out there fishing so paddled over to him!


Gwyn decided she wanted to fish with Papa for a little bit so she crawled on over and rode with him for awhile!


I actually stood up 3 different times and it was no problem - but my legs still shook when I stood up!  Gwyn crawled over to paddle with me for a while and we sure enjoyed our time out there!  Life jackets are a requirement on the lake which I believe is a GREAT idea!


Gwyn and I had spent the morning together as Jessi had to work so she took Kenzie with her - Glenn had dropped Evan off for cross country practice - and Gary THOUGHT he had to work but after going in, discovered he had a day off so then headed to the reservoir!

I had fun playing games with Gwyn and spending some special time with her - here's a photo of her with her elephant items!


Spiro is getting HUGE!!  I'm still not comfortable holding him but he looks darn cute on Kenzie!  She even takes him to Jessi's office when she has to help out on Saturday mornings!

That evening we headed down the street for their annual block party - wow was there some good food to eat!!  We enjoyed visiting a while and then headed back to the house!

Glenn fished again on Sunday so Jessi and I headed out for a LONG coffee together!  We tried a new place and even got to sit inside which was nice!  The coffee was Ethiopian and besides being quite strong, it was excellent!!  Always fun to sit and have coffee and solve the problems of the world - ha!

We headed home early afternoon - traffic was already once again backed up on I-25 so took the back way and it was a peaceful drive home!!  What a great weekend!

3 comments:

Teri said...

What a great weekend!

DrKeppy said...

YAY for paddleboarding - you did awesome!

Jill said...

Glad you got to go paddle-boarding! Will you ever go again?