Friday, May 20, 2022

Mothers Day

 Saturday morning, we headed up to Ft. Collins from Denver - it was great to see the Savages' and we were just in time to get in the car to head to Parker's last flag football game!  It was a beautiful day out and we enjoyed sitting in the sun watching him play!  And yes, Penny comes along!


Parker's team played great and WON!  Once again they were undefeated this year, as they have been the past 2 years also!  It's fun to see how much Parker has improved - he's quite the player!

Afterward they had their awards banquet with refreshments!

We played cards that afternoon and just enjoyed being together!  Robby cooked some awesome ribs for dinner and Jill did some sides - I think we all ate TOO much and I was almost miserable from eating dinner and the rise krispie bars that I requested!

Sunday was Mother's Day - Aleah had a special gift for her mom and me - so sweet!


And my 3 wonderful daughters once again printed out my 2021 Blog Rollin' With The Flow!  I SO enjoy this gift every single year and look forward to receiving it!


Jill, Aleah and I hopped in the van to get coffee for me at Human Bean and a frappe at Starbucks for Aleah - and I guess Jill got hot chocolate too!  We headed to CSU for a nice walk that I always enjoy!  Some of the trees are in bloom which were beautiful!


But the BEST was the lilac tree behind the Occupational Building which was in full bloom - of course I had to pick a couple to walk around with!  But these trees were gorgeous too!


I always love this walkway of trees, even though they weren't really filled out!  Nonetheless we enjoyed the walk and seeing a few graduates having pictures taken!


After a quick lunch back home, we loaded up again with Parker and I took them for ice cream at tcby - they even had free ounces for moms!!  COOL!

It was a wonderful time in Ft. Collins but we left late afternoon to get back home since we'd only been back 4 days from Mexico before we headed north - time to start in on a few things back home!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Happy Mother's Day! So glad we got to spend the day together!

DrKeppy said...

Love the pics! Glad you had an awesome Mother's Day!!! :)