Sunday, May 21, 2023

Mother's Day

 The last couple of years I was up at Jill's for Mothers Day Weekend but since we had just been up there for Aleah's confirmation, we were home this year!  But Jaime actually had the weekend off!!  It's pretty rare that she ever has Mothers Day off so this made it special!  Her and Brad had plans for the morning but that was fine!

I had told Glenn that I wanted him to take me to Wild Horses Cafe for breakfast - we hadn't been there since we returned from Mexico so we headed over right when it opened!  Yes, the coffee is still as good as ever there!


They make an awesome breakfast sandwich on bagels so we both enjoyed them! (You would have thought Glenn would have told me I had two pieces of hair sticking straight up so it looked like I had horns - ha!)


I met Jaime in Divide and she got in my car as I needed to make a Walmart run BEFORE we went to the movie I wanted to see!  I had checked the ad and the local movie theater was playing The Book Club #2 - I had seen the first one and loved it so knew this chick flick would be fun to see with Jaime!  Well we got to the theater and the parking lot was empty and the theater looked dark - oh no!!  Did I get the time wrong or what????  So I brought it up on my phone and this is what it said!!!


I was super disappointed because I really wanted to see it with Jaime........  Oh well - that storm sure did cause some problems!!

Here's a picture of our exciting time at Walmart - HA!


So Jaime asked me what I wanted to do next and I said let's go to Goodwill and see if you can find any dresses for Mexico (we leave June 8th for our mother-daughter trip to Playa del Carmen).  We drove to Goodwill and I started sorting through the racks and piling hangers on Jaime's arms - she tried on about 8 different dresses/capris and ended up buying 5 of them!!!  WOW - Mexico here we come!!  And all for the total of $38.00 I think - what a bargain!!

Next on the list was smoothies from McDonalds - we picked up Irene first as she was off work and headed to the drive through - but the guy said there was no smoothies today as the storm had knocked out the smoothie machine - REALLY???  That storm sure got in the way of my Mother's Day!!  But we ordered sundaes and a malt and it was all good!

So Mothers Day turned out definitely different that what I expected but it was fun to spend time with Jaime and that's all that matters!!



3 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Happy Mother's Day to the best MOM ever!! I look forward to seeing you this weekend to celebrate!

Teri said...

What a special day!

Jill said...

Happy Mother's Day! I sure missed spending it with you!