Although our fall trip is ONE of my FAVORITE trips of the year, I decided we weren't going to do it this fall - I'm not really sure why, except for the fact that I didn't think anything could match the beautiful pictures I took last year AND the leaves were not expected to be as brilliant this year due to the drought last winter and into spring!
But now I wish we would have as the leaves ARE beautiful, at least around here!! But that's OK - something to look forward to next fall!!
So Glenn decided he wanted to go to Eagles Nest, NM to fish - but that didn't work because the campground was booked solid until October........so Pueblo was the next best thing!
And we had never plugged into a campground with electricity since we always wilderness camp so this was a good trial run before we head to Texas next year!
MY GOSH we were long when hooked up to the boat - it's almost a little scary to look at this picture and know we'll be on interstates and such.....WOW!!
Fortunately, the trip to Pueblo was unexciting and I admire that Glenn can drive this tripled up caravan!!
We found our campsite and got all set up - it was GREAT to have electricity and I could turn on as many lights as I wanted to AND use the microwave!!! We're always very cautious in the wilderness that we don't run out of battery so this was nice!! Everything worked fine and it was also nice to be able to plug in our phones!!
Glenn headed out to fish as soon as we got set up - I organized a few things and started my book!!
It was cloudy both days we were there - but it didn't bother either one of us! I would take walks during the day!
The water was pretty but without sunshine it looks pretty dull!
We went to watch Netflix that evening but realized it wouldn't work because we were NOT hooked up to wifi and the campground didn't have it - hmmmmmmm - I'll need to get with Robby and see about using a personal hotspot in case a Texas campground we stay in doesn't have wifi - so many things to think about!! But I had brought DVD's so we DID have movies to watch!
I was taking a walk when I saw something black scurrying along on an unoccupied campsite and when I got up there, oh my gosh - a tarantula!!!! The dang thing kept scurrying toward me as I was trying to get a picture - sure wouldn't want one of those in my camper!!!!
There was a pretty sunset the 2nd evening after it rained a little bit!
And the fishing? Nothing to speak of - Glenn did catch a few small crappie and bluegill - we ate them after we got home and I had forgotten how many bones there are in bluegill - YIKES!!!
All in all, a successful trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment