Thursday, March 15, 2012

Computer Crazy!!

I have spent more time on the phone with Dell Computers and Centurylink (our phone company and internet) the last couple of weeks than I care to admit!! I have tried to be nice - I have tried to be patient - the key word there is TRIED!!!!

Our new computer at Glenn's work started doing strange things - after the 3rd time, it was time to get Robby involved and after checking it out, determined that a cable is loose inside (it's one of those "all in one" computers). So I called Dell and after an extremely lengthy conversation, the tech told me he would have to take the computer down to its original settings when we received it - of course Robby had already warned me of this and said absolutely not do you allow that to happen!!! Well my other choice was to PAY another Dell tech to save all my info and remove the "infection" - even though it's NOT an infection!!!

Fast forward - Robby did a 3 way call between him, Dell and me - mostly it was between Dell and Robby because I had no idea what they were talking about - and VERY soon the conversation got quite heated - and then worse - and then even worse than that!!!! Robby knows how to talk to those people and after Dell kept telling him there was NO cable involved (several times I might add) the Dell tech finally relented and said they would send someone out!! HOORAY - that is what we wanted!!

So that night, Dell calls me at home and tells me that the cable has been back ordered and won't arrive for a few days so the tech coming out will be delayed. The WHAT has been back ordered????? The cable that is NOT in the computer according to Dell????? How funny!!

The computer has gotten so bad that Robby said to shut it down and leave it down - and luckily he had programmed my laptop to work at the office so I'm all set until the situation has been taken care of!!

Now the home computer - we've been dealing with SLOW speeds FOREVER!!! I have called and called and called - and when Robby was down, he thoroughly checked everything out and said it was all good. After being on the phone for hours it seemed with Centurylink, they finally said they would send a phone guy out - he came - nothing changed - they sent us a new modem - I spent hours on the phone with them trying to get it to work but to no avail - they sent ANOTHER phone guy out - he called us and even went into our house and checked EVERYTHING out - there was no problem!!! The speed is Ok during the day when no one in the area is around - but when you get home from work and the entire neighborhood is online, that's when it slows down to an ungodly slow speed!!!

So I called them AGAIN last night and told them I was done - no more testing - no more sending out new modems - no more of ANYTHING - I would just keep the old modem and deal with the slow speed - I just couldn't take anymore..........

And that's the story of my computer issues!!!

3 comments:

Teri said...

Sometimes I just hate computers! We have been lucky lately so I can't complain but most of us have been where you are. Good luck!

admin said...

no computer is crazy that people are crazy

Patty Jensen said...

UGH!!