Sunday, March 25, 2012

Some Days Are Better Than Others......

Not ALL days are great days - although I'm sure everyone wishes that each day would bring no problems, no surprises. We had one of those not so great days this last week!

Wednesday morning Glenn and his 2 employees left for a granite install which was around 90 miles away - and just as they were reaching their destination, the transmission went out of our truck - bummer!!!! I always try to look at the bright side of everything though and I guess the good thing was they DID get to do the granite install. After a hefty tow bill getting the truck back up to the shop, the next step will be to either rebuild the transmission or buy a new one!

Glenn and I did end up finding a used truck that we bought on Friday night - it's in pretty good shape and will solely be used as a work truck after a few minor repairs - and once we get the transmission back in our other truck, it can be used more for our camping and ATVing, and just used as a backup for work!

Wednesday afternoon I received a call from my dermatologist - I'd had a complete body scan to check out my moles and one larger one was burned off and sent off for a biopsy. Unfortunately the news on it was not what I wanted to hear - it was a melanoma. But it was caught early and only in stage one so that's the upside!!

I will be heading in for a consultation on April 2nd to talk with the surgeon and am looking at April 9th for the actual surgery to have it cut out. Hopefully I'll only be out of commission for a couple of weeks while it heals...............

And Thursday I went in for a massage and saw a For Sale sign in my massage therapists yard - yes, she is selling her house and moving to Colorado Springs!!! I dearly love her massages and will sure miss her when she leaves - but maybe her house won't sell for a while and I can still use her for the summer!!

THIS WEEK will be better! I guarantee it!!!

2 comments:

Patty Jensen said...

I always admire your positive attitude Becky - you always made lemonade out of the lemons :) Thoughts and prayers will be with you these coming weeks!!!

DrKeppy said...

At least you got it all over with right?? It's never fun to have the bad things happen but I suppose it makes us appreciate the good even more!! HUGS!