Sunday, November 18, 2012

Out For Dinner..............

So I've been under the weather - since last Tuesday night!!  Felt a sore throat coming on and by Wednesday morning I could hardly swallow - thanks Glenn for giving me your upper respiratory sickness!!

The only GOOD part about being ill is that I knew when I went back to the office, it wouldn't be stacked high on my desk like it would have been at Farmers!  But I really have been suffering the past 5 days!  Sore throat went to a VERY runny nose, extreme sinus pressure and now the endless hacking of a cough........sigh........I do not like being sick - repeat, repeat, repeat!!

Friday morning I drove into town just to get a few basic items from the grocery store, collect the mail and do the payroll - I lasted about 2 hours before I headed back home to collapse on the couch.....let's see, how many books have I read????

I told Glenn I wanted to go out to eat Friday night - just into Divide at McGinty's as Friday night is fish night and they make the BEST fish ever!!!  I grabbed plenty of kleenex to take in with me and the wait wasn't long!  My fish arrived along with the steak fries and coleslaw and as soon as I took a bite, disappointment!!!  The fish wasn't very good at all - seemed to have no taste and I was thinking that they had changed their batter!!  No matter, I continued to eat and visit with Glenn and about 1/2 way through the meal, it hit me - I couldn't taste ANYTHING!!!  I couldn't tell if I was eating coleslaw or fries - all I could feel in my mouth was the texture!!!  No wonder the fish tasted funny!!

I decided to test my theory further - in the coleslaw was quite a large slice of onion (apparently it didn't make it through the grinder) so I put just that onion slice in my mouth and started chewing - nothing - no taste at all - just the crunchiness of the onion!!  Darn head cold anyway.........

Glenn was surprised when I didn't want dessert????  Now why would I want to pay $6.99 for a slice of dessert that I couldn't even taste???

Saturday I vowed I wasn't going to lay on the couch all day because it sure didn't seem like it was helping me any so I got ambitious - I got out the Christmas decorations!!  I turned on the music, carried my kleenex with me and decorated the house!!!  And today, Sunday, I put up the Christmas tree and decorated it and then proceeded to vacuum the entire house so it's all sparkling clean and beautifully decorated!!!

And now I'm back to sitting on the couch again with my companions - kleenex, vicks, chap stick, and ice water (although sometimes I do hot cider or coffee)!!  I MUST get better by tomorrow - after all it's Thanksgiving week which means a short work week and food to prepare!!  Go away head cold - I'm busy this week!!

2 comments:

Jill said...

My sentiments exactly! Hope you feel better tomorrow!

Teri said...

Get well soon! Wow, Christmas up already. I am going to be later this year as we are out of town for Thanksgiving and have lots going on the first weekend in December and then to Amanda's! Hope I get it up sometime.