Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Grandparents Day in Denver

No, you're not a month behind since we all know Grandparents Day is actually in October!!  But Rayna and Kylan's school decided to celebrate it in November (close to Thanksgiving) since they assumed maybe a few grandparents would be around for the holiday!!  And they were right!!
 
So I decided I had to attend the schools' special day and after I told Jessi that I was heading to Denver, she told me Kenzie was having a special Thanksgiving Day at her preschool and I could come to that too - fantastic - 2 schools in one day!!
 
I made it to Jessi's house in record time and since Evan goes to kindergarten in the afternoon, he was there at the house and very surprised to see me!!  Jessi and I headed to Caribou for a quick cup of coffee - we both branched out this time - me with a dark chocolate peppermint mocha and Jessi with a salted caramel mocha - they were both excellent!!!
 
Then we met Gary and Evan at the pre-school.  Boy was Kenzie surprised to see me as we hadn't told her I was coming - how special to see her face light up like that!!  The little ones had made their place mats and a turkey along with a cute necklace that they all wore - they enjoyed their little feast of muffins, mini quiches, carrots and mini pancakes!! 
 
 I must admit, Kenzie was the cutest one there!!!  She enjoyed showing me everything in the room and it was so fun to see where she spends her days at pre school!

 After a quick lunch at Jessi's house, I headed over to Peace With Christ Lutheran School for my time with Kylan and Rayna.  Kylan was just heading in from recess and once again, I got the sweetest smile when I yelled his name!!  It's these little moments in a grandparents' life that make grand kids so special!!

I registered up front and soon both kids came to claim me and we headed into chapel - they had a very nice program with both kids singing!!  I love Kylan's "hand in the pockets" when he sings.

 The next hour was divided into 3 sections and our first activity was exploring their classrooms - Kylan enjoyed showing me the tepee he had made and all the other fun things in his room!

 Then it was off to Rayna's room - she actually had to interview me with a series of questions and write down my answers!  I'm SURE she'll get an "A" on it!!

Next was Bingo and our final activity was getting our pictures taken and refreshments!  The photographer said we were the best looking bunch there!!

And all too soon, it was time to drop the kids off at home and head back home!  But only for a short time, as we head back up to Denver for Thanksgiving early Thursday morning!!

Thanks Kenzie, Kylan and Rayna for making my day VERY special!!

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

We're SO glad it worked for you to come up! I can't believe how grown up Mackenzie looks in her pics - what happened to my baby??

Teri said...

What fun! I have been to my grandkids 'preschool' and sure enjoy seeing where they spend their days.