Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sunshine and Hot Springs

Saturday was template day in Buena Vista for a granite job - I had checked online for a room at Mt. Princeton Hot Springs 2 weeks earlier but everything was already booked up!  It's a VERY popular place - so I was disappointed but did call over and leave my name and number in case there was a cancellation!  Fast forward to last Friday - no phone call yet so I decided to just call over there and sure enough they had a room!!!  WOW - I was excited!!  So I booked it on the spot and we headed over that way on Saturday!
 
First was templates at a new house - a really beautiful new house and the owners were so nice - we talked and talked and I loved getting a tour of the house!  And then it was off to the hot springs!!
 
This is the view of the main part of the hot springs from the road - there are 2 main pools by this bath house and you can also crawl - and I mean literally CRAWL down to the stream and sit around the rocks in the hot water!
 
 But this time since we were staying there, we could use the new side - which is a beautiful building with a fireplace in the middle of it, couches and chairs, a super nice changing area and a juice and snack bar - here is the bridge you cross to get to that side!

 Outside are 3 small pools which are different degrees!  We started out in the lower pool!

 Here's a picture of the 3 pools - check out the white mountain to the right of the picture - I can't believe how much snow is on it!!

 This picture is inside the covered area on the new side!  Glenn got a beer and I ordered the most fantastic strawberry/banana smoothie ever!!!  It was fun to just hang out in the warm pool and swim around!

 We ate dinner in the lodge that evening - there was a wedding going on in the glassed in reception area which is across the lawn from the lodge so it was fun to be able to see the wedding party and the dancing going on!!  Glenn and I split an excellent hamburger with cottage fries and a large fruit and cheese platter - some of that we ended up taking back to our room - which I ate during the evening while Glenn proceeded to fall asleep!!!  We had a Cliff side room which we have stayed in before - in fact I even blogged about these rooms a couple of years ago as I was so impressed with all the amenities in them!!

After a buffet breakfast we headed to the pools again - it was gorgeous outside and we stayed in the outer pool the entire time - and this time I ordered a pineapple/mango/coconut smoothie which was just as good as the one the day before!!!

One last look at the view from the pools before we headed home - a nice, relaxing weekend!!!


2 comments:

Teri said...

AHHHHH! So jealous! That sounds just wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I would love to go there!!! Maybe someday!!!