Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunny Skies - Smiling Grandkids

I was a bad Nana this weekend - my camera didn't find its' way out of its' case very many times and I am disappointed I didn't get more pics of Parker - he changes every time I see him and is not only cute as a button, but is now talking a mile a minute and it's so much fun to hear him talk!!
 
Jill, Robby, Aleah and Parker arrived late Friday night but of course the kids woke up when they came into the house so I served all of us dessert ( a new fantastic recipe that is definitely going into the cookbook) before we hit the sack - it was a great nights' sleep with that full moon shining in the windows!!
 
Saturday dawned sunny and warm - it was great to be able to open the front door and spill onto the deck - it's been a long time since I've had my coffee out there so I didn't hesitate to drink it while enjoying the sunshine!  A new recipe for breakfast also turned out wonderful!!  It's a keeper!!
 
Glenn went into work for awhile and Robby started in on my list of "technical" issues which didn't take him long at all!!  And then he headed into work to take care of the computer there!  We had a tea party on the deck!!

 Robbys' folks came in the afternoon and we had a nice visit along with some Miami vices (yum yum) and crackers, veggies and a new dip recipe -yes, this was the weekend to try new recipes and the dip was a keeper too!!!

Then it was off to the playpark!!  No sweatshirts needed!!



 I love this cement turtle at the playground and finally got a cute pic of the kids!!

 Jill and Robby met friends in Divide for dinner so we kept Aleah and Parker - they ate their pizza pretty well but gobbled the dessert like it was candy!!  Parker whimpered when I put him to bed but didn't cry again for me - although he did cry later when Jill got home!!  Robby left with his guy friends to head to C. Crk so Glenn, Jill and I watched a movie!

Aleah was a big help the next morning as we put together a recipe to put in the crockpot and a fruit salad - she loves "dumping" the things in the bowl!!

 WOW - sunlight was streaming in the house when I took this picture!!

 And as much fun as Parker was this weekend and all the different times I could have snapped him smiling, I didn't!!!  He is just a changed little boy it seems and is a delight to be around!!  I love it when he yells for Papa or Nana - and I mostly understood him all weekend too!!

Robby and Glenn worked on the stereo system in the boat for a while on Sunday and after lunch, it was time for them to head back to Ft. Collins!  What a fun weekend and we're already planning our zoo trip in June!!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Thanks for such a fun weekend! We love spending time with Nana and Papa and love getting spoiled when we come!

Teri said...

Sounds perfect! And yes they change so quickly - hard to remember when he was just a little baby!

Anonymous said...

Yep they grow up fast - so what recipes did you make B????

DrKeppy said...

Seriously - I am so impressed with all your new recipe adventures!! Looks like a great time - they are soooooo cute!