Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I Thought I Was Prepared...............

Glenn's drivers license has been expired for a month and although I nagged and nagged at him to get it renewed, he just wouldn't take the time to go to Colorado Springs to renew it, thinking it would take hours!!  Because we don't have a local place here in Teller County to renew it, we're stuck driving to CS and standing in line with everyone else in El Paso County!

Finally it HAD to be done since we were flying to Iowa and renting a car - I don't think the rental company would have accepted his expired license!

So last Friday we both went to Colorado Springs as I was within 30 days of renewing mine so we could both get our licenses!  There are 3 different places to go but the one I wanted to go to is the least busy - unfortunately it was not open on Friday - government cutbacks!

We headed to our second choice and found that this place was the evacuation set up of all the insurance companies and everyone else involved in the Black Forest fire evacuation!  The huge building was hopping with people but we found the drivers license place and before you go in, you have to get a ticket.

The first thing though is you have to show PROOF of your physical address - WHAT???? - we're just there for a renewal, not people that just moved to Colorado.  But the guy wouldn't budge!!  Luckily Glenn had his hunter safety card which happened to have our physical address on it but everything else in my billfold had our mailing address (we use a post office box), not the physical, and he wouldn't take it.  Glenn went ahead and got a number and went in - I trekked back out to the car on the off chance that our insurance card or registration would have our physical address on it...........no such luck!

The bottom line is that within 15 minutes, Glenn had his renewed license and I had nothing!  OH well, at least I will know what I need when I go back down next week!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Wow, what a bummer! Next time plan to go to the other one, hopefully it won't be busy.

Teri said...

What a pain! Good luck! See you soon and safe travels.