Monday, July 1, 2013

Iowa Bound - Meeting Maggie

The hardest part about going on a trip is not the planning or the packing or the flying - it's leaving your business in the hands of your employees!  You not only work like crazy to get everything ready to go but then when you get back home, you work lots of extra hours to make up for the time you're gone!!
 
We actually worked most of the day last Tuesday and then headed to Denver to fly - there is so much construction on I-25 that we thought we might be late but we made it in time!  This time we flew Southwest - an airline we've never flown before - and it sure is interesting how they board the people with no assigned seats!  Luckily we did get to sit together and the short flying time of 1 1/2 hours is always nice!!
 
I opted to pick up the luggage (free checked bags with Southwest) while Glenn went to get the rental car and the last thing I told him was DO NOT GET AN UPGRADE!!!!  But he never listens to me - when I got the luggage and went back to the rental counter, he was telling me he had a convertible booked and I said yea, right.................little did I know that he DID have one booked!!
 
It was a classy black car and I loved it!!  But of course we chose not to drive with the top down on our trip up to his moms' place - Iowa has bugs - lots of bugs in the evenings - enough said!!
 
It was great to see Lolly again and the next morning we put the top down and went for a drive!!
 
 


The sad news about this trip - my camera hardly ventured out of my purse - I have no excuses either - it was there with me but I just didn't take many pictures.............

The first couple of days were spent in the area just driving around, visiting with people, having breakfast at the Onawa CafĂ©, blizzards at the DQ, coffee at the coffee place.............One evening we drove to Sioux City and saw his sisters' place and then met his 3 sisters and their spouses at The Outback for a great meal!  Yes I should have taken my camera out then and taken pictures - but alas, I didn't!!

Thursday evening we took Neal, Jenny and their 2 little ones, Chance and Maggie, out to eat!!  This is the first time we have seen Maggie and she sure is a cutie!!  Since their birthdays are in July and Sept., I brought their gifts with us!!



Of course Maggie smiled but do you think I could catch those smiles???  Apparently not!!


Chance is all ready for bed in his cute sponge bob pj's!!


Friday we decided to head to Soldier for a few hours since our time there would be short - we put the roof down and headed down the road.............To Be Cont'd

2 comments:

Teri said...

I know the feeling of not getting the camera out much. Luckily Emily took pics for me :) Looks like a good visit with Glenn's fam!

DrKeppy said...

They sure are cities! Glad I'm not the only one who forgets to take out the camera sometimes! :)