Monday, April 28, 2014

Bargains and More Bargains!!

After a 4 year hiatus, the 4-H Auction was back - true it was on a much smaller scale and there was no "live" auction, just a silent auction, but never the less, there were bargains to be had!!

Since it was in Divide (just a hop, jump and skip away!!) I rolled in right when it started and began placing my bids - over and over and over again - after all, it's for the kids right?

And what did I walk away with?  Mostly gift certificates as I sure don't need more "stuff" in the house - in fact the only 2 items that I had to carry were a set of silverware for the new 5th wheel and some ratchet tiedowns for Glenn!!  Don't you love my sideways picture?

But the gift certificates consisted of EVERYTHING that I would have bought anyway so what a bargain:  $25 gift certificates to Carmen's and Russ's (both restaurants), a $25 gift certificate to NAPA auto parts, $40 gift certificate for gas from Loaf and Jug, full service oil change from Rapid Lube, 1 dozen farm fresh eggs per month for the next 6 months and a cord of split, dry firewood!!  The best bargain for $5.00 was a certificate for 2 free hours of bobcat work as long as you purchased 2 hours of work from the guy- which was perfect as we need driveway work done very soon!!

So the total that I paid for all of the above:  $206.00 - there's nothing like a bargain and helping a worthy cause at the same time!

1 comment: