Thursday, December 11, 2014

Almost Ready For The Trusses!!

I see daily changes at the house - in fact since the weather has been so nice, I take a walk up on Brittany late morning and then stop to see the progress on the way back!  It's coming right along!!

This morning when I was up there, they were cutting out the shapes of the windows and doors - and next on the list is to get the load bearing wall up and the framing done on the first floor before the trusses go up!



I'll probably panic once they get the walls up, thinking the rooms will be too small!!  But I have to remember I have a full lower level below (and the new house will be 3200 sq ft compared to this house at 2600 sq ft!!)

A few changes have been made - now we're going to put some trapezoid windows up in the living room - we decreased the window size of 2 windows because the windows were just too large - and we may put a log beam across the length of the kitchen and living room!  Sometimes it's hard to imagine what it will look like and other times I can visualize exactly where the furniture will go!

1 comment:

Teri said...

It is looking sooooo good. So excited for you.