Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Busy December Times

No matter how you look at it, December is always busy - full of activities - decorating - shopping - wrapping - baking - it never seems to end!  This year I had to be super organized since we are celebrating Christmas with the kids this weekend - AT OUR HOUSE!!!  The first time in 5 years!!

But I'll be ready - the decorating was done early - shopping and wrapping is all done - lists upon lists have been made and then thrown as the items get checked off - and after doing some cleaning and getting beds ready, I'll be set!

But in the meantime, yes, I've been busy!!  My friend Joleen arrived from Ks. on Friday and spent 4 nights at our home!  We both worked at The Thrift House on Friday - it was a very busy day and we were both exhausted when we came home - so tired in fact that the fish I was going to cook was put back in the freezer and we headed into Divide to eat fish and chips!

Saturday was the Home Holiday Tour - I almost always go with at least one if not two of our daughters but this year they were all coming down the next weekend so I went with Joleen and Jane - the homes were beautiful as usual and 2 of the places were homes that Glenn had put granite in so it's always fun to see the homeowner and visit with them!

We stopped for lunch at Wines of Colorado - always a fun time!!
Saturday night Joleen and I watched one of the many Hallmark Christmas movies that I had taped!!

Monday night was a fund raiser for the Kiwanis Club - a Christmas movie, pizza and wine at the local movie theater - and last night was a Christmas dinner for the 4-H Foundation gals so it was fun to catch up with them!!

Meanwhile, Glenn is working diligently on the house...............more updated pics tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Teri said...

You have way more planned than me! Enjoy.