Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Birthday Wishes DO Come True!

Happy Birthday to daughter #2 - Jill - who turned 35 on Monday the 13th!  We didn't get to spend our birthdays together this year...............  But I was thrilled when Glenn texted me early that morning and said he was being released!!  That was ONE great birthday present!

Getting released from the hospital is always quite the ordeal!!  Luckily the RN went over the 50 page discharge instructions (well, maybe it wasn't QUITE that many pages) and my mind was spinning!!  Gosh, it sounded like I would be a full time nurse for the next 2 months!  And guess what - I AM!

We finally got out of there and Glenn was excited to breathe some fresh mountain air when we got home!!  I had gotten all of his medications filled at the hospital so we could head right home!

As we all know - THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!!

Jaime and Brad (who are still camping over at their property) came over late afternoon and fixed me a wonderful birthday dinner - Alice Springs Chicken, Baked Potatoes and Grilled Zucchini!!  It was delicious and Glenn was able to eat a few bites and said it tasted good!  His taste buds and appetite are not back to normal yet but I'm sure they will be soon!!

 Sleeping in a regular bed didn't work out so well - even though Glenn was so excited to be in his own bed!!  He just couldn't lay flat!!  So about 4:00am I got him downstairs to a recliner!  That seemed to work out better but I would have to get him out of it as it's too hard on his chest for him to do it!  He has a pillow that he has to hold against his chest every time he sits, gets up, coughs or sneezes!!

Tuesday night friends brought dinner over - gosh, I could get used to this!!  And they even brought me a cake for my birthday!!  It was delicious (or I should say, it IS delicious as we're still eating on it!)

Tuesday night Glenn did sleep in the recliner and he has learned how to get out of it but it's very hard so I decided today that he needed a motorized recliner!  I called Jaime and we headed down to American Furniture Warehouse - and by mid afternoon Glenn had a new recliner set up in the lower level!  And now I don't have to worry about him getting up by himself during the night!

His appetite continues to improve which is great!  He is walking more each day and spends an hour up at the new property, sitting in a lawn chair and supervising his helper!!  The biggest challenge Glenn will face is when he feels GREAT and still can't do anything!  Right now he has to depend on me for transportation so at least I have control of that for now!!

It will be an interesting next 2 months!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Glad he is starting to feel a little better. Jay has spent many nights in the recliner - just the best position! Good luck keeping him under control once he feels better!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Mom! Glad Glenn was able to come home on Monday...truly a great gift. Now onto the recovery!