Sunday, July 26, 2015

Family Camping

Our annual family camping trip was sure different this year! Knowing that Glenn and I wouldn't be camping with the family, we all agreed that the best spot this year would be Jaime and Brad's new property, located off of Twin Rocks Rd, 10 minutes from our house!

It was absolutely the perfect spot to be this year!!  Jaime and Brad have parked their camper there for the summer - Robby and Jill brought their pop-up camper down from Ft. Collins - and Jessi and Gary just decided to sleep at our house since they have the baby!  So it worked out well for all of us!  Glenn and I could easily drive over for a few hours and then head home so Glenn could rest a while and then go back over later than day!

Gwyn was passed around most of the day - she is such a little snuggler and smiles when you talk to her - so precious!!

 So I take a picture of these two and Evan has his tongue out so I tell him to smile so I can take another - I had NO IDEA that Kylan had stuck HIS tongue out when I took the 2nd picture!!

 We celebrated Aleah's 6th birthday since Papa and I hadn't given her gifts to her yet - she was excited to open presents and blow out a candle on a Hostess cupcake!!

 We also celebrated the girls' birthdays and my birthday!!  Even though Jaime was born in March, she gets her gift from me in July since I always get the 3 of them the same thing!!  For my birthday I received a rice cooker and a headlamp - can't wait to try BOTH of these out!!

 Rayna brought a friend with her so she had company during camping time - I can't believe this girl is 13 years old!!
 Papa did pretty well - he did get tired in the evenings but all in all he sure enjoyed seeing all of the grand kids and visiting with the guys!

 Jill brought sparklers for the kids!  They were lit up by the campfire pit and the kids loved them!!  Also s'mores were served!!  And that's Robby and Jill's camper in the picture!!

 This picture is looking down from the firepit - Brad and Jaime's camper is down there - it's a gorgeous view!!

 Parker is such a hoot!!  He would bring every rock he found to Papa and ask what kind of rock it was.  And during campfire time, he would bring every stick and pine cone he could find and ask Papa if he could throw it in!!  Don't you love his hair??

More fun and pictures to come!!

1 comment:

Teri said...

So nice you still got to participate! What a fun time.