Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The Journey Ahead

Yesterday was Glenn's assessment for his cardiac rehab that starts next week!  We were both impressed with the overview of what he'll be doing the next 4 to 6 weeks during rehab.  And I'm certain Glenn will enjoy using all their gym equipment to start building his strength again - lots of weights and machines and he'll always be hooked up to a heart monitor as he starts doing the exercises!  Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings are his days to go so we'll be heading to the Springs a lot during the next few weeks!

After his assessment, we headed over to a sports store - my hiking boots (which were not very expensive to start with 4 years ago) had split at the bottom and were no longer feasible to wear!  So I bought myself a new pair of hiking boots AND a new backpack!

This time I got a nice pair of shoes - not a cheap pair!  And they should last a long time!!

And the backpack?  I was due for a new one - the last backpack I bought was the kind that attached to a rolling piece of luggage that I bought for my Europe trip back in the year 2000!  That backpack has been used for every trip that I have taken since then - so it's basically logged thousands of miles over the last 15 years!  It has served its' purpose but it is time to retire it and use my new one!

And where might you ask am I going since Glenn is only into week 3 at home from the hospital?  I'm going on a Mission Trip with daughter Jaime and granddaughter Rayna to Nicaragua  - a medical mission trip which has been planned for a year.  (more on that later)  So my new backpack will be put to good use on this next trip!

1 comment:

Teri said...

Great shoes and backpack. Will be so excited to hear about your trip. Good luck to Glenn - I am sure he will be back in shape in no time!