Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Disneyworld - Epcot Here We Come!

We both woke up Sunday morning basically dragging - would we be able to rally and get packed to go?  Both of our stomachs were pretty sore and neither of us had any energy but we both got some toast down so that was good!

I would work a little while and then have to sit down - of course I hadn't even unpacked from Thanksgiving so had to do that along with a couple loads of laundry - and then there was the packing and I didn't have a thing laid out!!

But it all worked - the unpacking got done along with the laundry - and the suitcase got packed along with the backpack - and breakfast and lunch stayed down - that was a good thing!!

By 2:30 we were headed to Co. Springs to catch our flight to Orlando!  We slept on the 3 1/2 hour journey and by 10:30 we were in Florida!  Because we had booked through Disney, the Magical Express Bus picked us up and took us to our hotel - The Art of Animation!

With our Disney bands already on and because I had checked in online, our room number was texted to us and we headed right there after the bus dropped us off!  What a cute complex - and how fun to stay in a Little Mermaid room!!  I loved it!


Although it was super late before we got to bed, we were still on Colorado time so it wasn't a big deal - until morning came of course!!  We were both a little weary but took some extra vitamin c and headed to the main building for breakfast before we headed into the park!

Breakfast was decent but of course pricey as we expected - we didn't eat much anyway..............Glenn was disappointed to find out the coffee in all of Disney World is instant!

Transportation to the parks was right outside the eating place and the lines were long - but the Magic Kingdom was REALLY long so we were glad we were headed to Epcot for the day!

Oh I do love Epcot!  So many things to do and see!!  Of course being the organized person that I am, I had researched each park and decided what we would be seeing and riding and put it on an index card to carry in my pocket for referral.  I know, I know - I'm supposed to be using my IPhone for this but my phone is getting so old and the battery doesn't hold a charge that well and since I was using it for my picture taking, I didn't want to overload it!!  I had also downloaded the "WDW Lines" app which basically tells you how long the line is for a ride or show - awesome app and I referred to it a lot!!

I also had researched the places to eat - we knew we weren't going to do sit down meals as they just take too long and you basically have to have reservations so I just found counter places that had good reviews and listed 3 or 4 on the back of my card so we knew right where we were going to eat each day!!

My favorite ride is "Soarin" and I could ride that time and time again.  Glenn really enjoys the Living With The Land and of course we both enjoy going into the big globe for Spaceship Earth and also Ellen's Energy.

By early afternoon we were ready to head around the lake and visit the countries!!  I knew when we got to Italy that we would be eating gelato - YUM YUM - I had a scoop of raspberry and one of cherry/vanilla and it was awesome!!  Just had to post this picture to show Glenn's tan legs!


France found us eating a strawberry/chocolate crepe which was amazing!!

Did I tell you how easy it is in all of the parks with our "magic bands" that we wear!  You not only get into your rooms and the park with it, but anytime you buy food or a souvenir, you just touch the Mickey on your band to their mickey on their gadget and it's automatically billed to your account!  You did NOT have to carry any cash if you didn't want to - gosh that made it easy!!

By early evening we had made the round of everything we wanted to do!!  We ate fish and chips in England and listened to a great rock and roll band playing the 60's for a while - what fun!!

I had seen a lady earlier carry out some awesome looking desserts in France so we headed back that way and I couldn't help but take a picture of this - it so reminds me of an ornament I got in France many many years ago and hangs on my tree every year!

Oh almost forgot to post this picture of Glenn and I outside of the Canada exhibit!!

And now back to France to find the dessert place - gosh, there were so many different choices it was hard to pick but I chose the raspberry mousse cake which is pictured below - it was VERY VERY good!!

Illuminations was that night on the water - fireworks that were out of this world and an amazing water production!  Disney knows how to do it all well!!

It was after 10:30 before we got back to our room so we were two tired people...............

3 comments:

Teri said...

Sounds like so much fun! Maybe we should have done a sisters trip there?

DrKeppy said...

Cute room and wow the food sounds amazing! I LOVE how organized you are! :)

Jill said...

What a great way to start your Disney vacation! Love the room!