Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Animal Kingdom

Tuesday was Animal Kingdom Day!  This park is not as busy but since it's smaller, sometimes the amount of people there make it seem crowded!

I stopped to snap some pictures of the cute characters along the way to the dining area.




 After breakfast we headed to the Animal Kingdom park!

 Glenn was tired that day - actually he was more than tired, he was just "out of it".  The night before he had taken 2 nighttime NyQuil as his throat was sore and those darn drugs were in his system most of the day!  He loved it when we went into a couple of theaters to see productions because he could sleep - ha!  I really felt bad for him but there wasn't much I could do for him!

Our first ride was the Kilimanjaro Safari - now the ride itself isn't that amazing since you ride in a truck and see animals along the way....................but the guide is what makes this ride!  And we had the most amazing guide - he had an accent, either English or Australian and he sounded JUST like the gay guy in "My Best Friends' Wedding".  Remember him?  He would talk kind of fast and then very low - he was SO FUNNY!!!   We really enjoyed the ride!

 There are several trails to explore in this kingdom so we took them all on a slow pace and enjoyed them immensely!

 I had brought the cheap plastic ponchos to wear on the "Kali River Rapids" because you DO get wet and I don't like walking around all day being wet if the sun isn't out!  So we put on our ponchos and headed in!  What I wasn't expecting was my poncho hood to come down right when I went under the waterfall!!!  So instead of staying dry, the waterfall went right down my neck and I got soaked!  Luckily the sun was out that day and I did dry out!!

Dinosaur is also a fun ride - pretty bumpy and kind of scary but we both enjoyed it!  This guy was one of the cute ones!


 I think my favorite production in this kingdom is It's Tough To Be a Bug (which is in 3d) and so funny!!  We both remembered this one from the last time we were here and we laughed and laughed!

Here is the Tree of Life - the actual production is below this tree, underground - rather cool!

We had some delicious honey chicken and rice for lunch along with some awesome frozen lemonade! And our last production we saw was "Festival of the Lion King".  Once again Disney does an awesome job!!  WOW!!!!!

By late afternoon we were done seeing what we wanted to so headed back to our room so Glenn could nap - he sure felt better after that!  For dinner that evening we just ate at the resort - since we were both really hungry we decided NOT to split this meal and that was a mistake!!  Glenn couldn't eat all of his hamburger and fries and I hardly made a dent in my "make to order" pasta dish!!  Oh well................. We did get a great night's sleep as we knew the next day would be a long one at Magic Kingdom!

1 comment:

Teri said...

That looks like a really cool place!