Saturday, December 31, 2016

Not The Christmas We Had Planned...................

It's New Year's Eve - and if I don't blog about Christmas, I'll wonder what we did!!

After our tea at the castle, the following night we went out with friends' Jan and Jan to the Mexican restaurant to celebrate Jan's birthday - and the following evening, Jessi's arrived while I was at the Un-Choir Party.  After I got to the party and got the punch set up, I realized I wasn't feeling very well!  But I hung around through dinner and kept feeling worse and worse so left a little early.  It was fun to see Gary, Jessi and the kids at the house but we didn't stay up much later as I needed to get to bed!

Sunday morning I woke up and felt awful..................aches, pains, horrible headache, chest congestion, runny nose - I was a mess!  I spent a lot of the day in bed and felt so bad since I wanted to be up and around with the kids!  Jessi and Gary were supposed to go to the Hot Springs early Monday morning for Gary's birthday and I just knew I would wake up feeling OK so I could babysit - NOT!

Monday I felt even worse - so bad in fact that Jessi's decided to head on home and I got dressed and told Glenn I needed to go to Urgent Care - we all thought I had pneumonia!  The Keppys' left and we headed into the dr - he checked out my lungs and heart and said I didn't have pneumonia (that was good) and I probably had influenza!  He gave me 3 different types of meds and after filling them, we headed home and I went back to bed.

Tuesday morning Glenn woke up with the same stuff...................we were downright miserable!  It was all we could do to get from the bed to the recliners - no appetite - no energy - no desire or ability to do anything!  By Friday I had to text our friends and ask them to get us groceries - we were too weak to even think about heading to town.................

And that's been our life for the past 2 weeks............today I am 2 weeks into this stuff!  And I finally woke up this morning and felt better!  I know I'm not over it yet and I'm still very weak but my appetite is back and Glenn is up and about today too!  What a horrible 2 weeks!!

I was pretty depressed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - we had plans to head to Jessi's to watch them open their gifts - and of course that didn't happen!  In fact I was so sick that I didn't even feel like reading!  And anybody that knows me, knows I LOVE to read above all else!!

So even though 2016 didn't end on a good note, I know that we're both heading in the right direction now and within another week or so, should have our energy back and feel good once again!!

1 comment:

Teri said...

What a terrible way to end the year. Thankfully you are both ok!