Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Denver Babysitting

It was that time of year for Jessi and Gary to go to seminars in Westminster - I'd marked my calendar months ago to babysit for them so headed up on a Thursday to take over!!

Jessi and Gary enjoyed their seminars - I enjoyed taking and picking up the kids from school, having Gwyn to myself all day Friday, and taking them all to the Party in the Park on Saturday!!

Gwyn and I had a ball playing with play dough!!  She liked to handle it ALL, while I would just use small pieces and make cute cutouts for her!!


I had brought Hostess cupcakes, not realizing it was Evan's 1/2 birthday so we all enjoyed them - especially Gwyn!!


Adjustment time!!  I'm so lucky to have an adjustment by Jessi every time I go to Denver - and little Gwyn lays right down for hers!!


Saturday morning when I went to get my coffee, I brought smoothies back for the kids - always a hit!


It was downright HOT outside on Saturday!  I've gotten used to the cooler weather in the mountains so I was quite warm!  Luckily a little bit of cloud cover came for the Party in the Park!  Here we are riding the little train!



The girls decided to get the "glitter" tattoos vs. the face painting!  But you really had to hold still and then the glue had to completely disappear from your arm before the glitter went on - Gwyn put her arm up so one of her stars didn't come out so good!

 They had a photographer there to take your picture with cute little props!  So we grabbed some and got in line and of course you can see the results - I'm standing there like a bump on a log while the 2 older kids are doing really cute things - and poor Gwyn is so short all you can see are her bunny ears!!  Now why didn't the photographer tell me to hold her???

All in all a great time - we played some games and I read hundreds of books (so it seemed!) to Gwyn!  She was my little shadow for 3 days and it was hard to leave her..........................

2 comments:

Teri said...

What a special time!

DrKeppy said...

I had to laugh out loud when I read the commentary on your party in the park strip picture! HA! We are SO thankful for you and the kids had such a wonderful time with the best Nana ever! Such wonderful memories made...