Monday, August 7, 2017

The Mollie Kathleen Gold Mine

I knew Glenn would get a lot more out of a gold mine tour than me so I asked him to take the 3 boys over to Cripple Creek for their "special outing".  They were all pretty excited to go!

I told Evan he had ONE job to do - make sure Papa took a couple of pictures!  And he did great in reminding him!

The Mollie Kathleen Gold Mine is America's only vertical shaft gold mine tour - it goes straight down 1000 feet (that's 100 stories!!) for the tour - hard hats are required and you also ride an underground tram air locomotive!!

This picture was taken before the tour - outside!

I can't remember what Evan said they were doing here but I think it's a bell of some sort!

And here's the 3 cuties!!  They had an awesome time on the tour and were impressed with the gold mining operation!  Of course the best part was the gift shop - I had given each of them $10 to spend and I was happy with what they brought home - cool gems and minerals!

The boys decided to watch a movie on their last night!


I thought I better take a picture of them with their electronics since that is their favorite thing to do!  They were very limited time wise playing  (as I have strict rules about how long they can be on them) but they sure enjoyed playing with each other!


The mandatory picture with Papa!

And I was totally shocked when I looked at this picture of me and the boys!!  I know Evan has on his hiking boots which makes him a little taller but oh my gosh - he's going to surpass me quickly!!

We dropped Kylan off at his house in Woodland Park and then we met Jessi, Kenzie and Gwyn at our favorite spot again - Caribou Coffee with Jamba Juice right beside it!  Tuesdays are great at Caribou - 2 dark turtle mochas for $5.00 - can't beat it!!

It was a VERY quiet ride home - and an extremely quiet house!  Boys weekend has come and gone and who knows what next year will bring!!

3 comments:

DrKeppy said...

They had a great time (even with the hiccups!). You guys are the best! And oh my Evan looks HUGE!!

Jill said...

I commend you for taking that on! Parker had an amazing time and is already talking about next year! Hope there will be one!

Teri said...

What a fun time - so nice you get to do these with the kids. Just caught up on all the blogs - you have been busy!