Monday, September 4, 2017

Archery Season Has Started

Time for Glenn to practice up on his archery skills because hunting season has opened!!  He had put in for the Sargeants area for archery which was fine with me as I love camping over that way!

The plan was to leave early Monday morning, as Sunday was our annual homeowners' association meeting and our annual 4-H Foundation picnic - the plan wasn't followed!!  Glenn decided he wanted to head over early Friday morning to make sure he got a good spot and I could drive over on Monday morning!  And then the plans changed again as friends Dick and Jane decided they wanted to go camping over there too so they would pick me up on Monday morning so I wouldn't have to drive over!  For some reason, I'm not good with change - but it all worked out just fine!

Glenn left me a message on Sunday where he was camped (and no, it wasn't our #1 spot as it was taken but it was our #2 spot) and Dick, Jane and I headed over on Monday!  It was good to see Glenn and catch up from the last 3 days!  Dick and Jane set up camp a little ways from us.

I figured Glenn was going out early morning each day to hunt but he decided it was fine to just go early afternoons every day so we would ATV with Dick and Jane in the mornings!

My hunter before he headed out! (I think he needs a clean t-shirt!!)

 One day we did Marshall Pass with Dick and Jane - always a pretty drive!


 After we got back home, Glenn said to come outside and look at this spider - YIKES - it was BIG!!

 We had our larger cooked meal at lunchtime and then just ate leftovers in the evenings as Glenn didn't get in usually till about 9:00!  I read a lot and enjoyed having the neighbors large generator that I could turn on and actually watch movies while I did Swedish weaving!!  My idea of relaxation!

The night before Dick and Jane left, we saw this gorgeous sunset!

Our friends left Thursday morning - Glenn and I went out for a ride before he left to hunt and then it was back to my book!  I'm reading an excellent 6 book series which is set during Hitler's reign and World War II.   To Be Cont'd...........

2 comments:

Teri said...

What a great way to relax!

Jill said...

Beautiful sunset!