Monday, January 15, 2018

Ice Fishing in Gunnison

When the girls and I used to do scrapbooking together we always had a saying - if it wasn't in the scrapbook, it didn't happen!  So even though I have no pictures of our ice fishing trip to Gunnison, I guess I better blog about it since it DID happen!

Gunnison seemed to be the only place around that had ice on it so we headed out on a Wed. morning to spend a couple of nights over there...................we stopped at Florissant for coffee to go and had a nice drive over.

Since it was still New Year's week, the place where we usually stay in Almont was all booked up - so I booked us a couple of nights at a motel, Days Inn and Suites.  It was on Hwy 50 so only 10  min to the lake for Glenn which worked out great!  We arrived at noon and of course check-in wasn't till 4:00 but luckily our room was open so we could check in - I had booked a suite (just a little larger than a regular room but it had a couch in it) and it was fine, nothing fancy but always nice to have a frig and microwave.

Glenn headed out to fish - I did computer work and read.  Dinner was at a cute pizza place with some of the best pizza we've ever had!  Thursday Glenn headed out for the day and as soon as the temperature climbed from one degree to 10 degrees, I bundled up and walked about 1/2 mile to a coffee place I had seen (I can spot those places a LONG ways off!!)  It was WELL worth the trip as the coffee was delicious!

Another day of reading and TV for me while Glenn slaved at the fishing hole, not catching any perch at all but trout..............he still had fun but he was sure wishing for perch!  Our dinner that evening was just OK at one of the places downtown and we headed home the next day!  Not one of our exciting trips for sure but it DID happen and I DID blog about it!

1 comment:

Teri said...

Sounds relaxing for you if nothing else!