Monday, January 22, 2018

Basement Organization!

Organizing is my specialty and I decided to conquer Jessi's basement which needed some direction!  So Glenn and I headed up last Wed to Denver - he was going to fish and I was going to organize with Jessi!

But first - Jessi talked me into trying out the trampoline!!  OH MY  -  it was SO FUN!!  I can see why the kids want to jump on it every day!!

 Jessi and I got our game plan together on Wed. nite and after dropping off the kids at school, we started in!!  There were a lot of tubs to sort and I think we ended up with 3 trash bags to throw away, a lot of stuff for Goodwill, and most ALL of it moved under their stairway and into a crawl space in their laundry room!!  The crawl space is not the easiest to get into but it's huge in there and was the perfect place for all the Christmas decorations and tubs!  We took a quick break mid-morning to run and get coffee but otherwise worked hard till mid-afternoon!!

And the result?  Now there's a great family room with the WI set up with a futon to sit on, a card table set up for crafts or puzzles, a nice guest room with the closet completely organized and NO CLUTTER!!!  It looked amazing when we were all done and I can't believe I didn't take a pic of it!!  The kids were so excited when they got home from school and ended up spending most of the evening down there!!  What a great job to get done!!

In the meantime, Glenn had fished Wed. afternoon and all day Thursday - here's his catch from Wed. - huge perch!!


Gwyn had fun finding all kinds of things that we sorted, especially this cute hat!!


After dinner Thursday evening, we were cleaning up the kitchen when we realized we hadn't seen Gwyn for a while - she had put herself to bed and was sound asleep by 6:30!  WOW!!  We didn't figure out why until the next morning when she was running a fever and not feeling well at all!

Jessi had planned on going to Pastries for Parents (along with us) at the kids' school, but because Gwyn was sick, she stayed home with her and Glenn and I took the kids to school and had donuts with them!


We then got to see each of the kids' home room and visit a minute with their teachers!


What a fun thing to do!  We headed back to Jessi's to pack up and head home with the hopes that Gwyn would feel better later - and she did!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Doesn't it feel good to help them get organized? I do that with both of my kids - but a little at a time. What fun to take the kids to school and eat with them!

Jill said...

I can't wait to see their basement!