Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Gwyn - Gwyn - Gwyn - And Papa's Birthday Too!

After being told for the last month that she got to stay at Nana and Papa's house for an entire week (while Jessi, Gary, Evan and Kenzie headed to Knoxville, TN for Globals in Destination Imagination), Gwyn finally woke up and asked her mom if today was the day to go AND IT WAS!!!

I headed up to Denver after a little bit of shopping and picked Gwyn up at the sitters' since Gary and Jessi were both working late and we headed to their house to eat dinner and pack up her clothes!  Since Gwyn's 3rd birthday was just a couple days ago, I had brought up a present that I knew she would love and could use!!  I only ordered one from Amazon but they sent two!!  Since they're so skinny and small, I kept the 2nd one and we filled them both with her clothes and dolls to come to our house!


Gwyn was more than ready to get in the car and go much to her parents' dismay - I KNOW they will miss her like crazy!  We made great time getting home and Gwyn was so excited when we got to our house!


We put a mattress on our bedroom floor and made her a bed there - she slept great every night and even went to bed well!!  Course she was pretty exhausted every night as we kept her busy!!

Tuesday was Glenn's birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  And to celebrate it he had jury duty!  Luckily he didn't have to spend all day there and was home late morning!!  Gwyn and I made scrambled eggs for breakfast - she loves to stir!!


Jessi had sent home a ready to bake pan of CINNAMON ROLLS!!!  Oh my gosh they were SO GOOD!


Our days were spent between the "play park" as Gwyn called it (swing and sandbox), playing with her babies and riding her bike in the shop!


Rayna and Kylan stopped over - how fun!!


Glenn opened a couple of his gifts - new shorts!!


And things for the camper!



She was all tuckered out at the end of the day - a bath was in order and she couldn't understand why she had to take it in the bathtub instead of the hot tub!!  I had 3 little boats she played with and when I went to grab the lotion under the sink, there I discovered one more boat so she had 4 to play with the next night!  Gwyn was so excited I had found a blue boat!


I'm not sure who was more tired - Gwyn or me!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

I was thinking of you last week - wondering how it was going. Sounds like great!

DrKeppy said...

Such fun adventures she got to have! And notice the BIG smiles in every picture?!! She sure loved her time with you both!!