Thursday, July 5, 2018

Iowa Family

After an early morning departure from our motel (shouldn't we have gotten a credit on our bill for leaving before the appointed check out time?????) we headed west!  Stopped at a cute diner for some breakfast and couldn't find any "special" coffee so went onto the next town!  Jessi had texted me that she had found some GREAT coffee there and as soon as we got off the interstate there was a Scooters that was pretty easy to get to so we just went through their drive-in (easily said but not done since we were pulling a boat!!).  Because I get whipped cream on my coffee, it's usually very drinkable immediately so I took a big swig and oh my gosh - burn - burn - burn!!!  If I could had spit it out I would have - needless to say it's the hottest "special" coffee I've ever had!!  Unfortunately it wasn't even that good!!  And of course I remembered that everything at our elevation in Colorado cools off SO fast and it doesn't do that in the midwest!

We made it into Patty and Leonard's late afternoon - always good to see them!  And that evening Jim and Brenda came by and we all went out to eat over in Woodbine!  What a great meal with wonderful drinks and dessert!!  We had a quick farm meeting back at the house and enjoyed visiting.

I was thrilled that church was in the South Church on Sunday!  Although it was a sad day for most of the members as it was their interim pastors' last Sunday, I thoroughly enjoyed the service, especially listening to that old pump organ that I used to play!  And it was great to connect with some of the people attending!

Glenn and I headed to Onawa for a picnic with his family late morning!  Besides Todd's and Neal's being there, all 3 sisters came along with his mom!

Here is Chance and Maggie - cute as buttons!!


Glenn's mom Lolly enjoyed seeing everyone - her health is great but she suffers from alzheimers.



Jen, Neal and the two kids!  The kids were excited to go fishing with Papa the next day!


Glenn's 3 sisters:  Deanna, Geri, and Sheri along with his mom.


This is Amber (Todd's girlfriend), granddaughter Nedelle and Todd.


There is ALWAYS an abundance of food when we get together - the sisters make some awesome salads!!  The weather held and even though it was hot, there was a nice breeze!

Late afternoon Glenn and I headed to the store so he could buy groceries for his fishing trip and then we headed back to Soldier and enjoyed pizza with Patty and Leonard!!  Glenn packed his stuff up and Patty and I packed for our mini Iowa trip the next day!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Sounds like such a fun trip!!!

Jill said...

Nice to see everyone! Its fun seeing pictures of the kids!