Sunday, December 30, 2018

Catch Up Time

It's almost New Year's Eve - somehow the month of Dec. just slipped away as it was as busy as ever!  My plate always seems to be full and with a snowstorm and extremely cold temps on the way, I'm looking forward to Monday and Tuesday as we have NO PLANS!  I think I will just sit and watch it snow - you're right, that will never happen...........

A few highlights of Dec:  My friend Jane and I went to the Christmas melodrama over at Cripple Creek - it was quite different this year but we loved it just the same and we always enjoy the "Olio" at the end!  Even though it was pretty cold out, we walked a few blocks to see the reindeer that had been brought in by one of the local hotels!  They were cute as ever!


One Saturday morning I had a neighborhood coffee for a few of the neighbors - it was fun to see them and catch up although a few couldn't come because of sickness!  They all enjoyed the cinnamon rolls I made (Rhodes in the freezer section) as they taste pretty close to homemade - but nothing compared to Jessi's cinnamon rolls of course!!

In the midst of everything, I had a colonoscopy - no fun - they never are - but everything checked out OK and that's all that matters!!

I went to Denver with Jaime so she could meet with her endocrinologist and discuss her upcoming radiation treatment which will be in February.  We stopped over at Jessi's office to get adjustments and then headed to IKEA!  What fun that is - we even had lunch there!!  I desperately needed a new office chair so purchased that along with a few Christmas decorations that were 50% off - I know, I don't really need them but I had been looking for another tree of some sort to hang ornaments on as my "travel" tree is full and I did find a really cute one that I can leave up year round!

As soon as we got home from Denver, our neighbor called and wanted to know if we wanted to go Christmas caroling around the subdivision!  Glenn opted not to go as his shoulder was aching but I grabbed my heavy clothes and went!!  The neighbor drove his truck and pulled a trailer with hay bales that we sat on!  We went around the loop and sang at several different places!  Here's a picture of Al and Peggy, our closest neighbors!


And here's a few of us sitting on the trailer although it's kind of hard to see!!  It was SO COLD out and I was ready for cookies and cider at the neighbors' by the time we were done!


And the next night was our annual "unchoir" party at Arlyne's house - we are very few in number now but we had a great time and the food is always awesome!  We did sing carols that night too although we've found many of us sure can't hit high notes on those Christmas songs!


1 comment:

Jill said...

December does keep us all busy!