Monday, December 10, 2018

Catching Up

Seems like the time between Thanksgiving and our Christmas celebration was WAY too short and I found myself extremely busy getting everything done! 

Glenn had his post surgery appt with his surgeon where he was told he had to wear his sling for 2 more weeks - as you can imagine, that didn't make him too happy!  But he's getting along just fine and although it's sore some days, he's patiently waiting for physical therapy to start which should be any time - I KNOW he wants to get it started to get ready for ice fishing!!

I had my last physical therapy appt on my elbow - basically 3 months of weekly appointments didn't help much at all!  My elbow still is very sore at times but my physical therapist basically told me he couldn't help me any more!  I'll still continue to do the exercises he has given me and if the pain doesn't get better by summer, I may have to get a cortisone shot.

Jaime is feeling better every day and was able to join 3 of us on the Home Holiday Tour!  I always enjoy going through the homes and seeing all the wonderful Christmas decorations - we had a great day together!


We had a few inches of snow and the trees looked so pretty that I just had to take a few pictures!



Glenn has been doing his best to keep busy - he came up with a way to keep his feet warm during ice fishing!  He has tried the battery operated socks and that doesn't work for him so he came up with a new plan - I don't know all the details but somehow he has shoe pads with wires attached (that go inside the boots) and they're hooked up to some kind of battery pack!  Jaime tried them out and said they kept her feet toasty warm - yay for Glenn!


Gwyn had her pre-school program and Evan had a band concert the night before we were heading up to Estes Park for Christmas so Glenn and I headed to Denver Wed. afternoon.  Jessi was working so we dropped Evan off for his band concert and by the time Jessi got home, we raced to the program and she stayed for Gwyn's first song and then left to go to Evan's concert!


Gwyn looked cute as can be up front!  She loved waving at us too!  After the cute program, we had cookies!


We were so happy to be able to attend her first performance!!


  We were sorry to miss Evan's concert but hopefully can attend another one this spring!  And after a good nights' sleep, our 2 families were on the road to Estes Park!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

So nice you get to see their concerts!

Jill said...

Gwyn looks so cute in her dress!