Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Enjoying Holland

What a cute statue this was!!


There were even lots of tulips in the downtown area!!



We browsed through a few stores and I found my Christmas ornament in one of them - a ceramic ornament with tulips painted on it - perfect!!

This statue was unique as there was classical music being played - how cool!!


Emily told us we HAD to stop at this place for pie - cherry pie!!  Only Teri and I chose the cherry crisp as I'm not that fond of crust..............it was excellent - let me repeat that - it was excellent!!  Especially with a cup of coffee!!


After walking by all the tulips ONE MORE TIME, we drove to Windmill Island - a beautiful drive and although we didn't go into the actual place to walk up to the windmill, I still got a great picture of it!


That evening we went to Teri's favorite Italian place called A'more - great service and really good food!  We all enjoyed a glass of wine with our appetizer!


We split a couple of entrees (and still had leftovers to take home!) and the other 2 ordered dessert!  I chose to wait until we got home to have some more of Teri's yummy rhubarb cake!  But we were all served a chocolate liquor which tasted amazing!!    It was a great evening!


2 comments:

Teri said...

It was a great day. And I had the pie and Patty had the crisp - but who cares :)

Jill said...

Great pictures!