Friday, May 24, 2019

Sisters Trip - Grand Rapids, MI

It's always great fun on our sisters' trip and this year was no exception!!  We decided to go to Teri's place in Grand Rapids, MI since our last couple of trips had been major ones and also because I hadn't seen their house they'd moved to!

I drove up to Denver and parked in my usual spot - grabbed Caribou Coffee - and soon was flying the friendly skies with United!  It was an uneventful trip - I LOVE those types of flights!

Teri was waiting for me at the Grand Rapids airport and within an hour, Patty had arrived!  We headed back to Teri's place and it was fun to see their house and get unpacked!  Before long we were out on the patio with drinks in hand!!

 Teri and Jay have a super cute backyard so it was the perfect place to relax!


We talked the day away and just stayed in for dinner where Teri served us her fabulous lasagna!  With a 2 hour time difference, I figured I wouldn't be able to sleep for a while but I must have been tired as I fell asleep right away!

Thursday morning Teri made us special coffee before we headed out to drive to Holland - this is where her daughter Emily works and also where the tulips are - just like the country of Holland!  I was excited to see them as we just don't have that many flowers in Colorado!

We parked and went to Emily's work where she gave us a tour and then we were off to the tulips!!


There was every imaginable color and they were all magnificent!!!   I took picture after picture of them and just couldn't stop!!  WOW - they were amazing!!



We all loved seeing the wooden shoes which were painted with a theme!







All the tulips reminded me of my high school days when the marching band would go to Orange City, Iowa to march in the tulip festival parade!  But of course I didn't appreciate the tulips then - I certainly do now!!

We had a delicious lunch at the Holland Brewing Company and then Emily left to head back to work!  We walked around the darling downtown and one of the places we stopped was Cherry Republic - everything in it had SOMETHING to do with cherries!  We did a wine tasting there and sampled their cherry salsa - oh my gosh, it was good!!  So of course I had to buy some to bring home!

To Be Cont'd

2 comments:

Jill said...

Those tulips are gorgeous! Sounds like a great start to your trip!

Teri said...

What fun to read about what we did! Pictures turned out great!